Learn valuable tips and information for keeping yourself safe online.
Banking online is convenient but comes with its own share of safety concerns. Find out how to avoid internet scams.
Remember, you will never be required to send gift cards in return for a good or service.
* Do not add random strangers on social media. Scammers come in many different forms. Only accept friend requests from those that you know.
* Do not respond to suspicious emails or phone messages where your personal info is requested. Be aware of the suspicious scammer.
* Do not make online purchases or link recurring payments to an unfamiliar website or merchant. Think before you link.
* Do not agree to sending a stranger monetary funds of any kind. Even if they claim to be a family member. Contact your family member directly. Create a special phrase or word to use when communicating.
* Do not dispose paper statements or card information by just tossing it in the trash. If you receive paper statements or card information, be sure to shred before disposing.